Under Age Weekly Update October 23rd 2015
After the excitement and ultimately, the disappointment of the Ireland RWC game last Sunday, its back to more local matters this Sunday.
Our Under 16’s got their Pan Munster campaign back on track with a very convincing win over Thurles last week. The Under 14’s also had a comfortable win in their league and the Under 11 and 10 and 9’s all played very well in their respective Blitzes. Best of luck to all teams in action this week-end.
If you’re looking for something to do this Monday, why not drop along to Bruff grounds at Kilballyowen for the annual Keating Tournament and support our Under 12’s from 10.00 onwards.
Under 14 League – Young Munster 40 St Senan’s 0.
Fixtures for this weekend; (Sunday 25th)
Under 9 Blitz at Garryowen.
Under 11 Blitz at Copsewood.
Under 16 Pan Munster – Young Munster vs Old Crescent/St Senan’s – Derryknockane at 12 noon
Under 18 Pan Munster – Young Munster vs Tralee – Clifford Park at 11.30
Under 13 League – Young Munster vs Thomond – Derryknockane at 11.00
Monday 26th October – Bank Holiday
Under 12 Keating Tournament at Bruff R.F.C.
Club Registrations – could we please ask all coaches/managers to follow up for any outstanding club registrations – deadline was Sunday 4th October. Please collect all registration forms and fees and hand in to club shop or give to a committee member as soon as possible. Any players not registered by next Sunday 1st November will not be allowed to play or train with the club – please note that this will be strictly enforced.
IRFU/ Club Raffle – As advised at previous meetings, we will not be holding our Under Age raffle to coincide with our Open Day, but will instead focus our energies on the IFRU Monster draw. All funds collected will remain within the club, and as this will be one of our main fund raising activities, we would urge you to give this fund raiser your full support. Tickets are priced at €10.00 each, with real quality prizes, including trips to South Africa. Please return tickets and cash to Ciaran or any Youth Committee member as soon as possible.
Coaches Meeting – Tuesday 27th October. We are requesting all Coaches/Managers attend on this Tuesday at 8 p.m. as a matter of urgency.
Attention all Coaches – please see attached, which was kindly forwarded by Dave Sheehan in relation to referring of fixtures, and the item below which Robert Tucker forwarded in relation to playing numbers and substitutions, for your information.
Substitution and Team sizes at age grade rugby
* Youth Teams can only tog a maximum of twenty three which must include a full front row cover. (5 front row players; 2 players who can play hooker and 3 players who can play prop position) Rolling substitutes are not allowed.
* As a guideline - squads without full front row cover identified in the team sheet may use a number of substitute’s pro-rata depending on how many identified front row players are in the team sheet.
* A game will go ahead when there is less than 15 players in either or both teams. If the number of players are 15 v 14 this is played as a standard game.
* If a team has only 13 players, the opposition must reduce to 13 players and the game proceeds. The team with 15(+) players may use their full complement during the game. But the scrum must be balanced as per the IRFU – Game Regulation Variations for Schools and Youth Rugby (See IRFU Web Site).
* Where a team has 12 or less players the game will proceed as a friendly with the match points awarded to the team with a full complement of players (15+). In such a case both teams will start the game with 12 players, but the team with full numbers can play their full match complement of players as subs during the game.
* Rolling Subs are NOT allowed in Male fixtures.
Yours in rugby,
Chairman, Young Munster R.F.C. Youth Section